Adorn your home with a beautiful Valentine Love Hoop this Valentine's Day!
It couldn't be easier to create your own charming hoop of hearts - spread the love with a new craft project!
Click here to download the Valentine Love Template!
VALENTINE LOVE HOOP SUPPLY LIST:
Supplies From The Crafty Kit Company:
- Felting wool: Scarlet (bright red)
- Felting fabric: white (8” x8”)
- 15cm bamboo embroidery hoop
- Felting needle
- Clover Pink’ Pen Style’ Needle Felting Tool
- Medium Eco-friendly Felting Mat
- Red Embroidery Thread
- Embroidery needle
- Large straight pin
- Small ball pins
- Fine tip marker
- Hot glue gun
- Red acrylic paint (optional)
1. Print off and cut out LOVE pattern, cut and set-aside two heart paper stencils.
2. Pin Love Circle onto felting pad. With large straight pin poke holes in the dots. Remove from pad.
3. Place the Love Circle Pattern on the centre of the felt fabric. Poke the tip of the fine line marker in the holes.
Remove the Love Circle Pattern to reveal stitching marks.
Note: The stitching marks are evenly disturbed and designed to work with any embroidery stitch.
4. Place felt fabric in a 15 cm embroidery hoop. Thread embroidery needle with two strands of thread. A chain stitch was used for the “L v e”.
Suggested stitches: Chain Stitch, Couching Stitch, Back Stitch, Stem Stitch or you can use any embroidery stitch you like, just follow the dots.
5. Prepare the Heart Paper Stencils. The paper stencil has a solid, straight line from the border to the image. Cut this line up to the image. Carefully cut out the inside image. Tape the solid line closed.
6. Place the large heart paper stencil between the “L” and “v”. The paper stencil has a series of dots; poke pins through these dots to secure the stencil in place.
7. Create the heart using scarlet wool. Take bits of wool, poking it in the stencil until you have filled in the entire heart.
8. Remove the paper stencil.
9. Place the small heart paper stencil at the tip of the “L” top loop. Reference the Love Circle Pattern for the placement. Poke pins through the dots to secure the stencil in place.
Create the small heart using scarlet wool. Take bits of wool, poking it in the stencil until you have filled in the entire heart.
10. Remove the small paper stencil and move it to the end of the “e”. Poke pins through the dots to secure the stencil in place. Felt the small heart as in step 9.
Note: Once you remove the paper stencils from the hearts. Felt more wool f you want the hearts to be puffier.
11. Option: paint outside hoop with red acrylic paint. Let dry. Place “Love” in center of hoop and tighten in place.
12. Turn hoop over, place hot glue on inside top edge of hoop, pull the felt fabric over the edge as you go. Trim off excess felt fabric.
LET’S HAVE SOME FUN WITH THE VALENTINE LOVE HOOP!
Did you know you can felt onto cotton fabric?
The answer is YES!
Go through your fabric stash to find some prints that make you happy!
Follow the directions above. Change the stitches and wool colours. Here are some creative ideas!
Bee lovers! Embroider “lve” with a Couching Stitch. Felt hearts with black wool. Felt yellow wool across large heart. Embroider Lazy Daisies on small hearts.
Oh, you know we love gnomes and mushrooms at The Crafty Kit Company!
Embroider “lve” with a Couching Stitch and outline with a Back Stitch.
Felted gnomes hats and beards. Back stitched gnomes shirts. Felted hearts with red wool and bits of white wool for dots.
Seashores are the in animal for 2023!
Embroider “lve” with a Stem Stitch. Felt hearts in teal wool.