Get creative with your decorations this festive season! Make your own gorgeous Christmas Bunting to hang in your home by following the instructions below.
There is no better way to get into the Christmas spirit than starting a new craft project!
Click here to download the Bunting Template!
1. CHRISTMAS BUNTING SUPPLY LIST:
Supplies From The Crafty Kit Company
- The Crafty Kit Company’s Christmas Trees Needle Felting Kit
- Felt Fabric: White
- Felting Wool: Lavender & Cerulean (not included in kit)
- 15 mm Felt Balls: Mixed Colours
- 20 mm Felt Balls: Mixed Colours
- Medium Felting Pad
- Clover Green Felting Tool
- DMC Embroidery Floss: 917, 807, 505, 321, 906, 153, BLANC
- Opalescent cup sequins
- Silver star sequins
- Silver glass seed beads
- Needles: Embroidery, Chenille, Beading (the eye needs to fit through the seed bead)
2. Print off and cut out Bunting Pattern. Cut 6 bunting from felt white fabric.
3. Center the Christmas Tree Template on the bottom end of the bunting.
4. Felt the Forest wool in the Christmas Tree Template, filling in the template.
5. Remove template, using the Clover Green Felting Tool (or and multi tool or grouping of felting needles) felt over the tree to give a smoother look.
6. Define edges as needed.
7. Turn over the bunting and trim the felted wool. This will help the bunting to lay flat.
8. Repeat using other colours of felting wool.
9. Match up the floss with the felted trees, gather sequins and seed beads.
10. Stitch the sequins by bringing the needle and white floss from the back of the tree.
Push needle through the hole in center of sequin and place a seed bead on next. Push the needle back through the hole in the sequin, pulling floss to back of the tree. This will secure the sequin to the tree.
Repeat and fill the tree to your liking. Attach sequin star at top of tree in the same manner.
11. Folding bunting in half with tips meeting, pin in place. Follow stitching guide on bunting pattern, stitching a running stitch around edges.
12. Repeat for all remaining bunting. Be sure to use matching floss colours.
13. Pull and cut 137.16cm (1.5 yards) of white floss. Thread all six strands through the Chenille needle eye. Start with 15mm ball, push needle through the ball.
14. To thread the needle through the casing at the top of the bunting, turn the needle with threaded head into the casing. Push needle through. By doing it this way, the needle will not get caught in the casing.
Next push the needle though a 15mm ball, 20mm ball, 15mm ball (match up colours the best you can).
15. Repeate with remaining bunting.
Here's your completed Christmas Bunting! Enjoy!